SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS
- Kirikiriroa on the last Wednesday of each month at 10:30am at the Brain Injury Waikato office.
- Tokoroa Second Thursday of each month at 10:30am at Tolloch House, Gate One, Maraetai Road, Tokoroa.
- Cambridge on the third Tuesday of each month at 10:30am at Cambridge Community House.
- Morrinsville on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 10:30am at Morrinsville Community House, 43 Canada Street: Currently in recess due to funding restraints
- Education session – 12 June- Speaker: Andre Jackson from Evolve Peer Support Trust. Topic: Anxiety and Depression. Identifying barriers to being well , tools and techniques to cope in everyday life, self-care and how to be kind to yourself. When: Wednesday, 12 June Where: 11 Somerset Street, Frankton, Hamilton Time: 10:30am
- Education session – 8 May- Watch this space for more information. When: Wednesday, 8 May Where: 11 Somerset Street, Frankton, Hamilton Time: 10:30am
- Education session – 10 April- We invite you to our Education session with six of our clients sharing strategies and techniques for brain injury challenges. This session focuses on strategies or techniques people have found helpful to address various challenges during recovery and ongoing. This could be changes in thinking and lifestyle to computer based relearning tools. When: Wednesday, 10 […]
Join the Waikato Combined Neurological Choir
Weekly meetings are facilitated by Shona How, Registered Music Therapist – come along to enjoy the benefits of singing.
Meetings every Tuesday.
Where: Baptist Church, 43 Charlemont Street, Hamilton
Entrance fee: $3 (if paying this fee is a problem, please talk to Ella)
No singing during the school holidays.
Yoga with James – qualified Yoga Teacher
You are invited to participate in yoga on a Thursday morning at the office. We have two classes from 10:30am – 11:30am and another at 11:30am – 12:30pm. Please contact the office if you would like to go on the mailing list to receive the notices. It is important to contact the office as we do cancel a class if James is not available.
Research Study on Concussion Awareness in Equestrian Sports
The aim of this research study is to find what people involved in equestrian sports know about concussion. The questionnaire will take about 10 minutes to complete. We would like to invite you to complete a questionnaire, if you:
- Ride/drive or work around horses?
- Are over 16 years of age?
- Live in New Zealand?
As a thank you for your time, everyone who completes the questionnaire will be asked if they would like to be entered into a prize draw to win up $250 of products kindly donated by Hippo Natural Health and EquiBrew.
Please click this link to complete the questionnaire: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2N8R7FD
This is an AUT lead study in partnership with ACC, Equestrian Sports New Zealand, Harness Racing New Zealand, The New Zealand Pony Club and New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing.
NEW MEMORY MOBILE APPLICATION FOR BRAIN INJURY
We are looking for participants for the MyMemory App. This study intends to examine the effectiveness of the new memory aid MyMemory in improving the memory function for people for have sustained a brain injury. MyMemory is a mobile application and is compatible with Android mobile devices only. It allows people to record and train their memory.
We would like to talk to you, if you:
- Are over 16 years old, and
- had a brain injury and memory problems, and
- own an Android mobile device (smartphone or tablet), and
- have someone who helps you in your day-to-day life (nice to have, but not required)
You would be required to take part in an experiment that lasts 8 weeks. We will meet you every fortnight for a short interview. Every meeting will take about 60 minutes.
Please contact Dr Annika Hinze, Computer Science Department, School of Psychology, University of Waikato. Email email@example.com
This study is supervised by Dr Annika Hinze, Dr. Judy Bowen and Dr. Steve Jones, Computer Science Department and Dr Nicola Starkey, School of Psychology, University of Waikato.