Meetings and Events
SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS
- Kirikiriroa on the last Wednesday of each month at 10:30am at the Brain Injury Waikato office.
- Tokoroa Second Thursday of each month at 10:30am at Tolloch House, Gate One, Maraetai Road, Tokoroa.
- Cambridge on the third Tuesday of each month at 10:30am at Cambridge Community House.
- Matamata on the 2nd Monday of each month at 10:00am at Pohlen Hospital 56 Rawhiti Avenue, Matamata.
- Morrinsville on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 10:30am at Morrinsville Community House, 43 Canada Street: Currently in recess due to funding restraints
- Beginners Meditation Class - Beginners Meditation Class William Morris will introduce a simple meditation practice that he has found helpful following his brain injury. If you can breathe, you can take a few moments and give this a try. Finding an inner calm is what we all need in this busy world. Brain Injury Waikato Monday 16 November 9.30 […]
- Education Session – Living My Life Contract (Maura Ferguson and Tony Barrett) - Living My Life Contract (Maura Ferguson and Tony Barrett) Brain Injury Education Session 23 February 2021 The Living My Life Contract Maura Ferguson and Tony Barrett from Habit Health, will present; For ACC clients needing longer term support; with an emphasis on empowerment. Find out what it offers, who delivers it, and if you or […]
- End of Year Picnic – Hamilton Gardens in the Rose Garden area - Our End of Year Picnic will be in the Hamilton Gardens in the Rose Garden area on Friday 27 November 11.30 till 1.30. Please advise of your attendance in advance. This has been really enjoyed by people in the last two years. We hope to have some live entertainment. All clients, family, support people and […]
Join the Waikato Combined Neurological Choir
Weekly meetings every Tuesday morning – come along and enjoy the benefits of singing.
Where: Dementia Waikato office, 8 Keddell Street, Frankton, Hamilton
Entrance fee: $3 (if paying this fee is a problem, please talk to Robin)
No singing during the school holidays.
Yoga with James – qualified Yoga Teacher
You are invited to participate in gentle yoga on a Thursday afternoon at the office. Our class is from 1-2pm. Please contact the office if you would like to go on the mailing list to receive the notices. It is important that you are on the mailing list, as we cancel classes if James is not available.
Research Study on Concussion Awareness in Equestrian Sports
The aim of this research study is to find what people involved in equestrian sports know about concussion. The questionnaire will take about 10 minutes to complete. We would like to invite you to complete a questionnaire, if you:
- Ride/drive or work around horses?
- Are over 16 years of age?
- Live in New Zealand?
As a thank you for your time, everyone who completes the questionnaire will be asked if they would like to be entered into a prize draw to win up $250 of products kindly donated by Hippo Natural Health and EquiBrew.
Please click this link to complete the questionnaire: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2N8R7FD
This is an AUT lead study in partnership with ACC, Equestrian Sports New Zealand, Harness Racing New Zealand, The New Zealand Pony Club and New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing.
NEW MEMORY MOBILE APPLICATION FOR BRAIN INJURY
We are looking for participants for the MyMemory App. This study intends to examine the effectiveness of the new memory aid MyMemory in improving the memory function for people for have sustained a brain injury. MyMemory is a mobile application and is compatible with Android mobile devices only. It allows people to record and train their memory.
We would like to talk to you, if you:
- Are over 16 years old, and
- had a brain injury and memory problems, and
- own an Android mobile device (smartphone or tablet), and
- have someone who helps you in your day-to-day life (nice to have, but not required)
You would be required to take part in an experiment that lasts 8 weeks. We will meet you every fortnight for a short interview. Every meeting will take about 60 minutes.
Please contact Dr Annika Hinze, Computer Science Department, School of Psychology, University of Waikato. Email email@example.com
This study is supervised by Dr Annika Hinze, Dr. Judy Bowen and Dr. Steve Jones, Computer Science Department and Dr Nicola Starkey, School of Psychology, University of Waikato.